Authentication on forward proxy
Carretti Enrico
2004-07-12 12:30:38 UTC
Hi all,
this is my problem: I want to use Apache as a forward proxy to let the clients
of my lan to request external webn pages and I want that these clients
authenticate to the proxy. When I used apache as a "normal" web server I used
to protect some directories using the <Directory> ... </Directory> directive;
in particular I used a third-part module (mod_auth_kerb) to perform auht
against Kerberos. My question is if it's possible to request auth every time
that a client request a connection to the proxy. Thanks in advance
Enrico

Eric J. Hansen
2004-07-12 14:00:39 UTC
A alternative solution for you might be a SOCKS proxy server (do a web
search on "socks proxy"). The only hitch is that your clients' browsers
must be configured to use the SOCKS protocol (either manually or automatic
configuration.)